Happy International Women’s Day to everyone! I’m asking all men to be visible and vocal allies of women year round, both at work and at home. Especially if you have children, be the example that your kids will carry into school, teams and clubs, and their future workplaces.
Many men don’t know where to begin or are afraid to start down a conversation. I was there two years ago and it was through talking to an incredible group of men and women at work that I overcame my fear. I’m encouraging you to use today as the perfect opportunity to show up, listen with empathy, and summon your courage to have a vulnerable conversation.
Some conversation starters:
- What’s hard about parenting and working?
- How can men be better allies to women?
- What are challenges for women in the workplace?
- What are the barriers and pressures you experience day-to-day?
- What is on your mind about gender roles, equality, and allyship in support of women?